The AAUW has announced a “Short Term Research Publication Grants” Program to provide support to scholars to prepare research manuscripts for publication, with awards of $6000 to support work on a publication that can be completed in 8 weeks.
- American Fellowships are not open to previous recipients of any AAUW national fellowship or grant (not including branch or local awards or Community Action Grants). Members and officers of the AAUW Board of Directors are not eligible to apply for fellowships and grant awards. AAUW staff or volunteers with decision-making authority who wish to apply for an award must recuse themselves from the decision-making process.
- American Fellowship candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- American Fellowships are open to women scholars in all fields of study.
- Short-Term Research Publication Grants applicants must hold a Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., M.F.A., J.D., M.D., D.M.D., D.V.M., D.S.W., or M.P.H. at the time of application.
- Tenured professors are not eligible.
- The grants are for tenure-track, part-time, and temporary faculty, as well as new and established researchers at universities.
- Scholars with strong publication records should seek funding elsewhere.
- Time must be available for eight consecutive weeks of final manuscript preparation. While many recipients, especially full-time faculty members, will use the awards during the summer, recipients may use the funds at any time during the fellowship year.
- All applicants must demonstrate that the support will result in a reduction of their ongoing work-related activities.
- The grants are not for preliminary research. Activities undertaken during the grant period can include drafting, editing, or modifying manuscripts; replicating research components; responding to issues raised through critical review; and other initiatives to increase the likelihood of publication.
- The publication must be original and cannot be co-authored.
- Applicants may not apply for another AAUW national fellowship or grant in the same year.
The application deadline is November 1, 2019.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://www.aauw.org/what-we-do/educational-funding-and-awards/american-fellowships/af-research-publication-grants-application/